THE KIEHLS SPF DUPE

If you read my site daily then I’m sure you’ve already heard of the Kiehl’s Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50. I’ve raved about for a long time now and I’m onto my second bottle of the stuff, so it’s fair to say I’m a fan. It’s great to use as a daily moisturiser or primer and although it feels light it has a really high SPF that’ll protect your skin from both UVA and UVB rays. I try not to wear SPF every single day, but when I know I’m going to be outside for a long time then I want to protect my skin. Everything about the Kiehl’s SPF is great, but at £31 it might not be for everyone. If you’re only now getting into wearing an SPF and don’t want to invest, I think I’ve found you a dupe!

The Soap & Glory Make Yourself Youthful Sunshield Superfluid SPF 50+ is only £15, making it half the price. It’s a new product for Soap & Glory and one that is very much in demand in the drugstores. This SPF promises to protect your skin from UVA and UVB rays, inject Vitamin C & E into your skin and slightly mattify absorbing any unwanted excess oils. It also has a fancy patent-pending ‘sun-damage-blocking’ Liposhield HEV Melanin that helps fight premature ageing and hyper pigmentation.

With these things I can’t really comment on the long-term effects but I can tell you that it feels great on the skin. It’s lighter than the Kiehl’s, feeling less like a moisturiser and more like a water based primer. The smell is pleasant, the packaging is great and I think it’s a really good alternative. It’s definitely one to pick up and add into your skincare routine if you’re looking for that extra layer of protection.

It’s currently on sale for £10 on the Boots website – link here

*UPDATE. Yes, the Soap & Glory one is half the size so it works out the same, but £15 (or £10 in sale) is a lot less to invest in if you want to give a daily SPF a try for the first time. Hope that makes sense and sorry for any confusion!

1. Mira says:

I haven’t tried them yet but the Soap and Glory will do for me 🙂

xx Mira

2. Oh this sounds so good, I was thinking of buying the kiehls moisturizer for the summer but now I might just give the soap and glory one a go. Thanks for recommending!!

3. Shlaya92 says:

I’m a huge fan of the Neutrogena SPF, but since my tube is nearing its end, this looks like a good alternative.

4. A.Elinor says:

This is such a good find, Lily! S&G have some really good new releases and this sounds right up my street. I LOVE Kiehl’s but a cheaper alternative is a bonus 🙂 xx

5. Kat B says:

Great find! I wish we had S&G in Denmark!

Kat B | Katience

6. Carolina Yng says:

Well the Soap and Glory one might be half the price, but it’s also half the volume. The Kiehl’s SPF cream is 60ml and the S&G is 30, so really they cost the same…

• Well noticed, I’d have gone ahead buying the S&G one thinking I’d got a bargain, when really there’s no difference… x

• That’s exactly what I was thinking! Sometimes, you have to be so careful with companies as you think you’re getting a good deal. Recently, I bought a Bourjois Primer, £10.95 for 15ml thinking it was a good deal, but then realised the Clinique Primer was only £20 for 30ml and the Smashbox Primers £25 for 30ml, I decided for a drugstore brand, the bourjois one wasn’t the best option.

Laura x | Life and Lipstick

7. Ana Céline says:

Thanks for sharing Lily 🙂 I need to try it, I love Soap&Glory.
    Ana xo anacelinelabod.com

8. Anna Blush says:

This is an amazing budget find, will have to see if this is available here xx

9. Manouk Maat says:

I´ve been looking for an affordable spf for the face. Thank you 🙂 Will put it on my ‘boots list’ for my holiday to London haha

WOMANOUK (beauty & drawings)

10. Almu says:

I’m a huge fan of the Kiehl’s Ultra Light Daily SPF50 so discover a dupe for it is just amazing!!! thanks for recommending Lily! 🙂

FeelBella

11. Lou Barker says:

I’ve been looking into high SPF facial moisturisers and they are all stupidly expensive, but I’m so glad you posted this! I love S&G moisturisers so much, and I’m pretty sure next time I’m near a boots I’ll be picking this up!
    Lou Barker xo

12. This sounds like a great alternative 🙂 I was considering the Kiehl’s one x

Catherines Loves

13. Lova Adlina says:

I’ve never tried both of them. I’d love to try the Soap and Glory but sadly they still not yet available on my country..
    I’m currently using the one from Korean brand, 3W CLINIC, it also has SPF 50 and the price is only USD4. I know the price seems too crazy to be true but fortunately this sunblock doesn’t give me any breakout and also really moisturizing. 🙂
    Thanks for sharing, Lily 🙂
    Lova ♥ clovers and carousel blog

14. Gemma O says:

I don’t wear spf nearly enough so to get in the habit of applying under make up would be great and a tenner is well worth it. Thanks for another amazing dupe Lily!

creamteaandrosejam.blogspot.co.uk

15. Amy Keeling says:

I’m off to town today so I will be looking for this in my local Boots. Lily I’m so glad I read this post this morning as only last night I was enquiring about the Kiehl’s website as the spf was one product I was going to order on pay day next week. You may have just saved me a few pennies 🙂
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

16. Thanks for this post lilly….I wil certainly get my hands on this item.

17. Tiny Alis says:

What a great find, I’ll definitely be picking this up. Been thinking of getting the Kiehl’s one for a while but £31 was a bit too dear to part with…

Tiny Alis

18. amy cino says:

Thanks Lily, useful video too. Random question – do you know much about the Kiehls midnight concentrate? Would you use this with rose hip oil? thanks, x. Pop by and say hi sometime xx

19. I haven’t tried the Kiehls one before but the Soap and Glory one does look amazing!

Tsui.
    Fashion Ganache.

20. Ooo, this sounds nice. I recently picked up an SPF from MyChelle Dermaceuticals, an all natural and organic brand, and I was surprised to notice that it’s completely matte and really light on the skin as well.

xo Lillian from Parisian To Be

21. Frida Hvam says:

The £/ml is the same though…

22. AlinaLoves says:

I definitely want to try the Kiehl’s one, but I might also check out the S&G SPF – thanks for the advice! By the way, I loved your recent dupes video, very useful!

23. Maddie says:

Hallelujah! I have wanted to try the kiehl’s one for ages but oh my so much dollah! I will be picking up the S&G one asap for my super pale face! QworterLifeCrisis

24. Aerin Downs says:

This sounds so nice! I would love to try it xx

BerrieBlogs| {beauty blog}

25. Daniella C says:

cool!!!

xx

daniella

simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

26. Maria K. says:

Soap & Glory seems to just bring it these days. Even though it the price seems to work out to be the same (£15 for 30ml vs. £30 for 60ml), I might try the S&G to test the waters and see if I like it…

FIN. | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM

27. This sounds like a winner to me, definitely on my list to pick up next time I’m in boots!

28. great! thanks for recommendation 🙂 I love Kiehl’s, but its super expensive..

29. Maddy says:

Sounds amazing, I will definitely have to try this out! x

Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

P.S. I don’t want to be spammy, but I have a YSL Lipstick Giveaway on my blog at the moment!

30. Thanks for sharing this, Lily (: but like another commenter has pointed out, S&G’s one is not only half the price, it’s also half the size – so they both actually cost about the same per ml… I guess it just depends on how much product you want to buy x

31. Jen27 says:

Wow, this sounds very promising! Since my skin gets pretty oily, especially in summertime, I like that this is even lighter-weight than the Kiehl’s. We only get a selection of Soap & Glory products here in Canada- really hoping this one makes its way across the pond! xo

-Jen

32. Naville says:

i wear spf every single day, UV rays don’t get blocked by clouds and can go through glass windows

xo

Inspirations Have I None

33. Elle says:

Looks great, I use one by Avène is pretty cheap and it’s suitable for acne prone skin and oily as well because you don’t get that shiny effect that some sunscreen’s gave you.

34. Can’t wait to try this! Love the Estee Lauder one too!! x

harriebeauty.wordpress.com

35. I love this sounds of the dupe, I`ll have to purchase it, can`t really go wrong with a SPF 50 right!

36. SMM says:

I can never see myself putting on too many things on my face, i use a moisturizer before i apply my makeup and i depend on my spf bb cream to protect my face. Its’ spf is 35 so i guess its good enough since i dont really just stare at the sn all day (a cave woman is what i have become – results of being a uni student). Thank you for broadening my knowledge on sun screens.

Sara

37. Shel says:

Soap and Glory really seem to be coming up trumps at the moment don’t they! I would definitely consider giving this a go once my Bioderma SPF runs out.

Shel x
    jaybirdblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

38. Kate Wilson says:

love everything from kiehls so i’m sure this would be no exception!

39. I haven’t tried either of these, but I’ve always been a Soap & Glory fan

Liz, Style by 1415 x

40. Tanya says:

What a great dupe.
    I really hope we get more Soap and Glory here in Canada.
    TarteTanya

41. omg!! yes!! i was actually about to buy Kiehl’s one but thank you so much for showing an alternative !! need to go boots like right naooooooooooooooo xD

42. Alisa says:

I’ve tried samples of the Kiehl’s one and though it feels amazing, I just couldn’t cough up that much money for an SPF. But this one by Soap and Glory sounds like a perfect alternative! 🙂 x.

43. Well since they’re pretty much the same price per ml, I’ll stick to my Kiehls!

44. Have you considered comparing the prices per oz or per 50ml or something? The Kiehls is 60ml for £31, and the Soap and Glory is is 30ml for £15, so they’re actually almost exactly the same price.

45. Gladys Bovo says:

I have the Kiehl’s SPF and I absolutely love it! Sometimes in summer, I just wear it on its own, with no moisturizer. The Soap&Glory one sounds great but as mention by Carolina Yng it’s half the price and also half the size. So if you want to try sunscreen, why not using the S&G one, but when you know you like Kiehl’s then you can continue with this one.
    Hope it makes sense.