• 19th Dec 2012

Winter Skincare Part 4: Moisturise

Origins Make A Difference Plus* | Alpha H Liquid Gold Rejuvenating Cream*
Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins*

So this is it, the final part of my winter skincare posts. My skin is quite dehydrated and can occasionally get dry so moisturising is really important for me. These are the ones I’m trying out at the moment and so far I’m really happy with all of them.

Origins, as you know, is one of my favourite brands and their moisturisers are really great. The High Potency Night-A-Mins is a very thick night cream that smells of oranges and leaves a thick layer of moisture on my skin before going to sleep. This is my favourite to use at night, especially when I’m feeling dry and for those of you who have oily skin, this also comes in an oil-free formula. The Origins Make A Difference Plus rejuvenating moisturiser is more of a gel consistency and it feels really refreshing on the skin. I find that I can use this one in the morning before applying makeup because although it’s super hydrating, it’s not heavy and sinks into the skin quickly.

The final product and newest one to me is the Alpha H Liquid Gold Rejuvenating Cream and this will be available in the UK in April. I was told to use this on the nights I wasn’t using the Liquid Gold, and the Glycolic base will help hydrate the skin. This has just been repackaged in a new tub and when you press down the lid it releases just the right amount of product for your face and neck. I obviously have quite a small face and neck as it’s always too much for me, but the soothing cream feels really nice to apply all over so I’m happy to have a bit extra. Another slight downfall of this packaging is that you can’t see how much is left so that pump squeeze of product might come as a shock.

I find myself reaching for the Origins Night-A-Mins the most these days and I really love it, but all of these are high on my favourites list.

What’s your favourite moisturiser?

1. Dollyfaces says:

I love night a mins, I’ve got the oil free version which is also great! x

2. Gillian says:

The night a mins sounds really nice. My skin is a lot drier as well so I might have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing!

Gillian x

3. I am waiting for the Make a Difference range to come out in Australia. I was going to try the night a mins but I found the scent too strong.

Laura

4. my mum swears by night a mins, and sounds like i should give make a difference plus a try as my current moisturiser is leaving a slimey layer on my skin when i apply before make up ox

5. SILVIA says:

Hi dear!
    I love ur style!
    such a wonderful blog
    xx

6. Lucy Old says:

These all sound lovely.
    Ive recently purchased my first ever Origins product and it was the Drink Up moisture msk. I love it sooo much. Im really tempted to go and buy more of their stuff πŸ˜›

Louminous

xx

7. Lou says:

I love the High Potency Night a Mins. It´s my favourite night cream, and it smells soooo good!

8. Clara says:

I’ve really been meaning to try the Alpha H Liquid Gold for ages now, let us know how you end up liking it!!
    colormeloverly.blogspot.com

9. Klaudia... says:

I love this review as it healps me decide what I could buy next time I want soemthing else for my ‘new’ rutine! <3 xo

10. Katherine xo says:

i’m not massive on the make a difference (to me it smells of cigarettes – no idea why!) but got a free night a mins with an online order so definitely gonna try that instead now! x

11. Just everything Origins does seems amazing, I want it all!x

12. Jen27 says:

Wow, I’m very tempted by the oil-free Night-A-Mins! Thanks for the reviews! πŸ™‚

-Jen

13. I recently bought Origins’ Out of Trouble Mask and love it! I am excited to try more of their products soon, but right now I am addicted to No. 7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream. It has a nice rich creamy texture so I don’t feel greasy after I put it on and my skin feels incredibly moisturized. I just bought the night cream for the winter. I don’t think Spain has these products so I stock up while I am home in the US!

-Katie

14. Tahsin khan says:

Excellent blog right here! I was just searching for this information for a while. Very effectively written information. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also.
    —-