IMG_0052 IMG_0042

Ok, I admit it, I am completely addicted to Keeping Up With the Kardashians. It’s my Sunday night ritual and I love it! I’m not even sure I’m particularly fond of the Kardashian sisters but there’s something about the show that makes me never want to missΒ an episode. Kylie, the youngest, is known for her pout and we all know it’s not natural but it doesn’t stop us forever searching for the perfect Kylie lip shade. The browny/nude pout is back from the 90s and I kinda like it!

I’m really into matte nudes at the moment but for today’s post I wanted to show you the more wearable, natural browny pout that I’ve been wearing a lot. I start with a lip liner because I find it’s easier to define the lips and it also means you can ever so slightly push right to the edge to enhance your lips and fill them out a bit. The Lancome long-lasting lip contour in 211 Beige Rose is Lisa Eldridge’s absolute favourite and I know that because she told me herself! It’s a pretty soft rose and the pencil is really soft so it feels great, the only problem with that is it requires frequent sharpening.

Once the lips are lined I apply the Laura Mercier Creme Smooth lip colour in Spiced Rose. It’s a very wearable brown as it has quite a lot of rose pink in there as well. It’s a very pigmented lipstick but because it’s so creamy it doesn’t look over the top. The two go perfectly together and have been the perfect combination for me over the past month.

What do you think? A Kylie pout that’s a bit more achievable?

1. Sophie says:

Such a beautiful combination!

Sophie x | SophiesMakeupBlog

2. Katrina says:

This is a gorgeous lip combo! I’m loving browny nude lip colours at the moment and have been wearing MAC’s Hug Me a lot this month!

3. tiffanytales says:

I love that colour combo, really does give a nice pout! I really like the brown/nude lip that’s back at the moment too.

Tiffany Tales – A British Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

4. chntl says:

This combination looks super gorgeous on you! I am also teeny bit addict to Keeping up with Kardashians as well! xx

Chantalle | cece & grace

5. emily couture says:

These two products look perfect together πŸ™‚

emily xx

6. Shaunne says:

The combo looks great! Looks really wearable and posh at the same time. πŸ™‚ x

7. Jess French says:

I love both of these products on you, the colour is great. I’m really interested to try them myself.

Jess x

8. Chloe says:

These two products look perfect together xoxo

9. Alexandra Hartford says:

Love the colour combination with the minimal eyes. It really suits you.

10. The two products seem to work perf together, although in true Kylie fashion, you gotta blot it to make it look matte πŸ˜›

β™‘ t w o p l i c a t e s

11. Definitely more achievable than the surgical option. I am totally digging the brownish reds at the moment, they are my favorite 90s comeback so far.

Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

12. Lauren says:

I do really like this colour ever since Kylie started wearing it. It suits you a lot x

13. Ashley Christabelle says:

Whoa, I love this. I usually wear Charlotte Tilbury’s lipliner in Pillow Talk when it comes to overlining my lips. Then again, I’m not an expert! Yours looks so amazing!

14. Paige says:

This looks beautiful on you!! x

15. Kate Wilson says:

I’m still loving Mehr and Velvet Teddy but will have to try this too!

16. It looks great on you, Lily! I think my blonde hair might wash me out though..

17. NINETY 8IGHT says:

This makeup looks great on you! LOVE THE LIPSTICK <3

Check out my blog:

18. I really like this, and I’m a big fan of the 90’s shade lip (unfortunately, I remember it will the first time around being a bit of an oldie! haha!) Looks great on you!

Lis x

19. fizza says:

This shade is perrrrfect for my weird, middling Asian skin tone. And I will forever indulge in a 90s trend! Loving your hair Lily! x

20. You look gorgeous in this combo, I love Kylie-eque colors!

21. Ceann Reid-Stiffell says:

This combo looks so good, definitely suits you!

Lots of changes and new posts over on Ceann / From Brighton and beyond

22. Nadia Sabrina says:

First the Mac Soar x Mac Mehr combo and now this?! I think you’re the queen of pinky, browny lip combo, Lily!

Love from Indonesia,

23. Monochrome Roses says:

I can’t get enough of KUWTK either! This combo looks so perfect, I love this lip colour <3 x

24. Hannah says:

I think this looks lovely on you! Definitely a great combination for achieving that perfect nude lip! xo

25. Chantal says:

I think this combination looks so good on you, those definitely look like great products, I must check them out x

26. This is a gorgeous look! Kylie has certainly made the nude/brown lip trend popular again!

27. Lauren S says:

LOVE this lip combo, I’m a huge brown lip fan and Spiced Rose is one I’ve had my eye on πŸ™‚

Lauren x

Britton Loves | Lifestyle Beauty Wellbeing

28. I love the look of both of these! Definitely going to have a swatch as I haven’t come across either but these are just my sorts of shades πŸ™‚ xx

Jasmine Talks Beauty

29. The Sunday Mode says:

I really like this combo, sometime I think the Kylie/90s lip is a little much but this looks really wearable.

30. Holly R says:

Yes Lily yes! Glad you’re a Kardashian fan as well, it’s definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. I love this combo because it still is Kylie-esque but still wearable. Cause let’s face it – wearing bold browns day to do can be a little tricky and too much. It looks gorgeous on you! x

31. Susan says:

Beautiful! Who cares what Kylie does—wear what looks good on you!

32. Ellen says:

I think I’ve found what I’ve been looking for for so long, thanks! x

33. Bayley says:

Definitely need to get my hands on Spiced Rose, looks amazing on you Lily!x

34. Love the look of this combo – always find a pinky brown much more flattering.

Nic x StrawberryBlondeBeauty

35. SamanthaSeries says:

Love it πŸ™‚ I’ve been into the same sort of lip look but using a Pacifica lipstick.

Samantha Series

36. Fay C says:

My go to is Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Bahama with the D&G Precision Lipliner in either Nude or Cashmere such a great look day and night. Have you tried any of those?

Fay | Blog A Book Etc