HOW TO SUBSCRIBE TO YOUTUBE CHANNELS

So clearly this post is not aimed at the majority of my readers. If you’re already familiar with YouTube and how it all works then feel free to give this one a miss or pass it on to a less familiar friend or family member.

Recently I have become more and more aware that my friends and family have no idea how to subscribe to a YouTube channel, in fact most don’t even know what that means. The majority of them like the idea of watching YouTube videos, they often watch mine when I post them on Facebook, but the idea of having them all in one place kind of baffles them. This post is for them…

Using YouTube is much easier than it looks and quite similar to Facebook in that you ‘subscribe’ like you ‘friend request’ (without needing to be accepted) and then can see all your subscriptions in one timeline, like you can see your friends’ updates on Facebook. Once you subscribe to the channels you are interested in, you can check your ‘My Subscription’ page at any time to catch up on new uploads from those channels. It’s so easy and means you won’t miss any videos from the people you want to watch. All you need is a YouTube account which can be linked to any existing gmail account you have and you’re ready to go!

So follow the simple instructions above using the YouTube app and enjoy the addictive world of YouTube. Any questions? Give me a tweet @lilypebbles and I’ll try and help!

1. Mira says:

Thanks for sharing. I have to try this :)

xx Mira

2. JoySteib says:

Thanks for the quick tips….I needed this!!!! :)

3. Thanks for the tips…I’m a bit of a You-Tube phobe so it’s good to know it’s easy to subscribe to other bloggers. I’d love to get into vlogging at some point when I have the guts and know-how! For now, I’ll stick to writing I think :) Danielle x

frontiere-girl.blogspot.com

4. Jessica Hart says:

I agree, I have some friends and family that have no idea how to subscribe to anything YouTube related. Love your videos :)
    Jessica
    the way to my Hart

5. sara iqbal says:

that is really nice of u lily..it will be very helpful for all newbies…

6. This is such a cute helpful post. I know so many people who don’t have a clue what I’m talking about when I mention YouTube and subscribing.x

7. Rachel says:

great post, i’m subscribed to most of those channels also :)

Rachel x
    Style Soup

8. Rachel brown says:

Cheers for the tips lady!

Rachel |ascottishrose

9. I never really thought of my subscriptions acting as a timeline! I’ll definitely pass it on my family members who have no idea what they’re doing !

10. Thank you! I just subscribed to you. :-)

11. Lovely guide Lily! and i love your youtube channel

heleenakk.blogspot.co.uk

xx

12. Nik says:

Completely irrelevant, well relevant but odd question here. Where di you get your phonecase from? I really want one haha!

13. Georgina Fox says:

I’ve recently become addicted to YouTube and utilise the subscription feed fo SHO.

Georgina at itotallypaused.com

14. Great post

emmaalouisee.blogspot.co.uk

15. haha helpful :)
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

16. This is actually quite helpful! XOXO CanvasOfAFace

17. This is such a brilliant idea for a post!i love that u have used pictures too!my family & friends wouldn’t know how to subscribe either if I had a YouTube channel!:)xx

18. Naffy says:

If you click on the star shape next to subscribe you can have alerts emailed you too. It is a good way to make sure you don’t miss a video but also means plenty emails in your inbox.