Urban Decay: The Vice Palette

Urban Decay ‘The Vice Palette’ £42*

I’m writing this post tucked up in bed ready to go to sleep but I just HAD to share this with you ASAP because it’s pretty amazing.

Urban Decay have launched the Vice palette for Autumn and it has… wait for it… twenty brand new eyeshadow shades in it! They were created exclusively for this palette and you can’t find them anywhere else which is MEGA exciting!!

The shadows in the palette are a mix of mattes, shimmers, satins, neutrals and brights so there really is something for everyone. If you haven’t used Urban Decay shadows before then this is a great way to introduce yourself to the brand as it really shows off the amazing quality of their shadows. They are buttery soft, extremely pigmented and so easy to work with. They also all use Urban Decay’s new ‘Pigment Infusion System’ which gives them an even more velvety texture, rich colour and staying power.

The packaging of the palette is a sturdy, matte purple case that will fit perfectly in your makeup drawer (am I the only one who has a whole drawer for makeup?!). There is a huge mirror inside which makes it good for travelling and a double ended eyeshadow brush. One end of the brush is great for packing on colour and the other end is perfect for blending. If all this wasn’t enough it even has a fancy motion-control button that when pressed makes the lid open automatically revealing all the shadows inside, but that’s a bit gimmicky – nice touch though!

I’m completely blown away by this palette and can’t wait to play around with the colours and do some tutorials with them. The Naked palette, which I have and love, cost me £36 for twelve colours and the Vice palette is £42 for twenty so I definitely think it’s worth the money. It’s a good investment if you want to experiment with eyeshadows and I’d highly recommend Urban Decay shadows.

You can buy this from Debenhams, House of Fraser, Beauty Bay, HQ Hair or Look Fantastic. All eyeshadow names and descriptions listed below.

I love it! What do you think?

————————————————————————————————————

Desperation – pigeon brown w/ satin finish
Muse – deep sepia brown w/ multidimensional sparkle finish
Jagged – metallic black gold w/ shimmer finish
Blitz – Metallic yellow gold w/ shimmer finish
Penny Lane – Metallic peachy bronze w/ golden duotone shimmer finish
Junkie – Shimmery green
Chaos – Bright blue matte
Occupy – Metallic steal grey w/ multidimensional sparkle and shimmer finish
Unhinged – Metallic electric turquoise w/ shimmer finish
Black Market – Jet black satin
Provocateur – Light metallic mauve w/ multidimensional sparkle and shimmer finish
Rapture – Dark greyish purple w/ multidimensional shimmer finish
Vice – Deep aubergine purple w/ shimmer finish
Noise – Electric punch pink w/ gold glitter shimmer finish
Armour – Metallic dove grey w/ silver micro-glitter shimmer finish
Nevermind – Metallic cork w/ shimmer finish
Echo Beach – Pale wheat w/ shimmer finish
Anonymous – Opaque almond w/ matte finish
Free Bird – Pink champagne w/ silver microsparkle shimmer finish
Laced – Opaque pinky taupe w/ matte finish

1. AliceLily says:

This looks amazing! Definitely one for the christmas list :) x

2. Such a beautiful palette, I love the new colours! xx

3. Lovekids360 says:

I have bought sephora 72 colours one before, quite nice too.
    I will buy definitely buy this one to compare!
    Thanks for sharing

4. Rute says:

The Vice palette is jaw-dropping, but I’m still in doubt if I’ll buy it or not… but there’s definitely a lot of wearable shadows!

5. Gillian says:

This looks really good, love the mixture of colours!

Gillian x

6. Emeli J says:

ohh might have to think about buying this :) the colours look so nice xx

7. Karolina says:

Looks beautiful! But I have the Alice in Wonderland palette and I hardly use it! 😀 xo

8. Beautiful colours!! I love the detail on the palette too! Extra pretty!

9. I’ve been dying to get my hands on this palette, it may have to go on the Christmas list. Such a great combo of colours, natural and vibrant – also great value for money!

10. Rachelle says:

Oooh what lovely colours! I don’t wear eyeshadow that often i’m more of a liquid liner girl but this palette is gorgeous! Also they have this palette on buyapowa for £36!! Even better value :)
    Rachelle x
    inspiredbytheretired.blogspot.com

11. ria kukreja says:

hola,
    the palette looks amazing…i so feel like trying out all of them
    editor,turtok

12. Ive never tried UD shadows or palettes simply because of the price tag , but this looks tempting, I might save up for it 😉

xoxo

13. daniella-r says:

I love this palette, think its my favourite UD one yet- going straight on the christmas wishlist. I love most of the colours in there and the rest would be fund to have a play around with
    Daniella x

14. Abbie says:

The neutrals in this palette are gorgeous but I would never use the brights!

thoughtsfromanothergirl.blogspot.com

15. Coco says:

Gorgeous! The shades I feel I lack in my collection are the pink and the blue. x

16. Niki says:

im so jealous!! i want this palette!!! looks amazing!!

love you cute nails btw :)

17. Oh my god absolutely loving the look of this pallete, I’d love it if you could post a face of the day or tutorial using this :) XO

Please check out my blog, I’ve just started out and any comments or followers would mean the world to me <3

dottymakeup.blogspot.com

18. Sounds like an amazing palette! I love Urban Decay products, so I’m definitely going to be checking this out soon. That provocateur shade looks particularly fabulous! xx

19. charissa says:

These colours are so nice, you know with Urban Decay they’ll be super pigmented :)

I’m currently running a giveaway on my blog to win a mac lipstick of your choice. Check it out if you’re interested :)

20. Ellie says:

Looks beautiful! I’m curious how you’d use the brighter colors in this palette!

x Ellie @ Ellalogy

21. Martha Woods says:

Uh-oh, I sense a new “want/need” coming on! Might have to get this one for Christmas!!

22. jana knaepen says:

Those colours look so pretty. I don’know if I would use the really bright colours though.

Beautylovebooks.blogspot.com

23. Essjay23x says:

The shades look beautiful. I’m just not sure if I would make use of the brighter colours but there’s no denying it, what an amazing pallette!

24. suzy says:

This looks sooo good! I already have a ton of eyeshadows I don’t use but I feel like I need this now too! xx

25. Luxe. says:

Want want wannnttt! Jagged looks so pretty x

26. Fernanda says:

I love this palettes, it’s got the perfect balance of neutrals and crazy colours. Perfect for the less daring like myself! xx

ferdies-place.blogspot.com

I think I need this in my life!
    x

28. AngelDust says:

Can you include more content in your blog that isn’t centered around a PR sample please?

29. Beth Bradley says:

These are gorgeous. I love UD eyeshadows, they’re really pigmented!
    X

30. Klaudia... says:

Love the colours! I have a quick question, what palette would you recomend for all matte shadows? Thankyou! <3 xo

31. such a beautiful palette ! the colours look so easy to wear ! xx