In-n-Out in London

The day that In-n-Out burgers came to London… well that was a special day.

I was the Tuesday just gone and my boyfriend (despite being new to Twitter AND In-n-Out burgers) was the one to bring it to my attention. The power of Twitter meant news was quickly spreading about the pop-up In-n-Out burger that would be setting up shop for only 4 hours for one day only in London.

For those of you who don’t know, In-n-Out is a takeaway burger place that is only available on the West Coast of America. It’s famous for it tasty burgers and is apparently Gordon Ramsey’s favourite takeaway! It’s just one of those things that people who have tried become obsessed with and people who haven’t become obsessed with wanting to try.

Apparently In-n-Out travel all over the world setting up pop-ups to ‘test the water’ and this team had come straight from Kiev. This time they took over a little Italian restaurant in Hendon (North London) right next to my all-time favourite Sushi restaurant, Atari Ya. It was an extremely basic cafe which meant there were restrictions with the kitchen. Only 10 people at a time were let in every 20 minutes and only a basic menu could be offered, meaning crisps instead of chips.

The queue was crazy and they always are for these trendy pop-ups! Each person in the queue got a wristband and were only allowed one burger each. Once I got inside I saw the small cafe that had temporary In-n-Out signs all over the place. The staff took orders on a laptop and it was kind of the complete opposite to what a quick take-away is normally like.

We finally got our food and went back home to eat it (sitting in the small cafe wasn’t very appealing). I got the Double-Double burger meal, animal style. Double Double means two burgers and animal style means with onions, gherkins and some other bits. It was quite expensive but that’s probably because of the situation and having to import the food etc. It was good… but it wasn’t AMAZING! I don’t really know what I was expecting, I was just so hungry that my judgement was impaired. It definitely didn’t feel ‘healthy’ like the staff in the cafe told me it was, it was kind of like a much better McDonalds. If it were to open here (they told me it’s very possible) then I’d probably only treat myself to it on hangover days.

It was a pretty exciting day though and convincing my dad to queue for an hour for a burger and crisps was a challenge and a half. So I’m pretty sure we’ll see In-n-Out opening here in the near future and then we can all scoff our faces with burgers – yay!

1. wooo, this post has made me hungry now! I like that you could also buy an in-n-out t shirt lol I’d definitely try them if they did come over here!

indiansummeronline.blogspot.com X

2. Lauren says:

OMG. I hope they open a permanent one over here! Would be heaven!
    xo

iamlaurenpotts.blogspot.co.uk

3. Karolina says:

I really do hope they open a permanent branch in the UK! Although I know I would probably put on a couple of stone πŸ˜€ xo

4. Emma says:

I’m don’t understand why there’s so much hype over a take-away. It must be amazing!. I hope they set up in the UK just so I can taste one and see for my self what the hype is about :).
    E
    x

5. I heard about this and thought they chose a funny part of London to do it in, too far away or else I would’ve gone.

Glad I didn’t though, I would be disappointed it didn’t live up to the hype, its why I’m so scared to try Byron burger, everyone loves it and I’m worried its not going to live up to expectations.

6. This looks crazy you can definitely tell it’s from America! Shame you didn’t enjoy your burger as much as was anticipated ox

7. I love pop-up shops but never have the luck to be anywhere near them

xx

I can’t see how a burger could ever be amazing but its something I’ll have to try!

thebeautymist.blogspot.co.uk

9. what what this exists?!?!?! EPIC

10. MellyJanee says:

fleur, mike her sister, and her newphew when therexpx

11. Klaudia... says:

I really want to go to one now, everyone is taking about them! <3 xo

12. Laura says:

Such a cool idea! Love pop up shops and how it works so well through twitter

13. Chloe Witty says:

ooo it does look yummy! it might be better once they actually get a shop. but it does look like possibly the most perfect hangover cure

chloe @chlowitty blogs

14. Beth Bradley says:

I’d love to try in and out. I know it’s so big in America!
    X

15. Martha says:

Cool they brought it to London! I live in California, where they opened the first In-N-Out! Its pretty popular here-and i must say instead of crisps they serve freshly cut french fries (non frozen/ potatoes) If anyone ever comes to Cali i definately recommend visiting one!

16. Veronica says:

Thought of good old mikedeforce when reading this post! :p

xx Veronica

17. Olivia Law says:

So jealous you got to go! Sounds AMAZING xo

18. I was in california last month and went here. Have to say I wasn’t impressed. It was ammmm…. a burger and not even good thick quality of meat. It was the thinnest pathetic macdonalds looking thing ever! Brand is bigger than the product.

19. oh the concept sounded really exciting such a shame it wasn’t better tasting ! xx
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

20. jana knaepen says:

If they open in london, I’ll travel there to and give these a try. Looks really nice.

Beautylovebooks.blogspot.com

Xo

21. lucillejoy says:

Envy at an all time high, looks like the perfect hangover food!!

wishfulsinfulyou.blogspot.com

22. mamun mizi says:

such a wonderful blog honey

Thanks
    Kleider

23. Annelida10 says:

The U.S. east coast equivalent is called Five Guys. They make a deliciously unhealthy burger as well. Perfect for hangovers, but they kind of just taste like regret on a normal day.

24. Emma says:

These photos are AMAZING! you know your talented when you can take phots of the inside of a fast food restaurant and make it look really cool πŸ˜€ love your blog πŸ™‚