Lady Gaga Fame

Lady Gaga ‘Fame’*

“Fame, a beautiful prospect with a dark heart” – Lady Gaga

As we all know, Lady Gaga isn’t one to do things discreetly or to conform in any way, so there has been a lot of rumours surrounding the release of her first fragrance. I heard that her perfume would be containing some ingredients that are so obscure (and gross) that I can’t even mention them on here.

One thing that was confirmed before the release was that the perfume would be a ‘black fluid’. The black fluid is a first for the perfume industry, where the perfume’s liquid is actually black until it’s airborne (sprayed) and becomes clear. The perfume is made in Gaga’s own Haus Laboratory in Paris (click on that link to see the ridiculous website).

Onto the fragrance notes, then I promise I’ll tell you my thoughts on it…
The scent is built around three main accords: dark, sensual and light. Usually perfumes use top, middle and base notes but this one instead uses a push-pull technology which means the ingredients all work together without any kind of hierarchical structure (so Gaga!). The scents include honey, saffron, apricot, tiger orchid and jasmine samba.

Now, I bet you all want to know what I think of it? My first impressions of the bottle is that it’s amazing! It’s definitely something you’d want to show off on your dressing table. You can see the black fluid through the clear glass and the lid, which looks like a claw, sits perfectly on it’s own when you take it off.
I have to be honest, the scent isn’t for me. As I’m sure you’re all aware perfume is a very personal thing so even if I don’t like it, you may. I was a little disappointed, after such a hype I thought it would be like nothing I’ve ever smelt, but in fact to me it smells like every other celebrity perfume. It smells floral and sweet to me, something I don’t look for in a fragrance. I think it’s a shame as I was really expecting something amazing. But hey, you know how picky I am with perfumes!

It is available now from Haus Laboratories  for £25, £32 and £55.

Will you be trying it?

1. Hola Bambi says:

Love it, the bottle is so pretty aswell!

2. RayBeauty says:

i was so underwhelmed after smelling it again today, I thought it would be a lot different considering it’s lady gaga and all :/ oh well

xoxo

3. Leanne says:

Ah it’s such a shame you don’t like it! I haven’t actually tried it yet! I’ve seen so much advertisement though, people in town on these mad bikes and scooters with signs on their heads and all 😛 It’s great the way it’s black though and when you spray it, it changes! I love that.

Leanne @ MakeUp Blast xo

4. Rexyyyy says:

The bottle is amazing, and the website is unreal. I’m not in a rush to smell it though, general thoughts seem to be it’s not that great

Sian x

5. FitznBitz says:

Haven’t smelt this myself but I’ve heard a few people agreeing with you in that the smell is absolutely nothing new or unique. Britney Spears, Rihanna, Beyonce perfumes…. they all smell the same. Very disappointing

6. Kayla Hunt says:

I really want to smell this for myself xo

7. Karen Ussene says:

Well I don’t know if I’m going to buy it, but I defo want to smell it, then I will decide!

8. Cherry says:

I love the look of this bottle!

9. Michelle says:

I think i’ll smell it instore but I like a rare few celeb perfumes that i’ll save my pennies on this one.

10. The bottle looks FIERCEEE but from what you described.. meh.. Don’t seem to match it’s contents. I was expecting a masculine unisex-ish scent 😡

11. Zoe says:

RAH RAH AH AH AHHH ROMA RO MA MA GA GA OOH LA LA – WANT YOUR BAD PERFUME

12. Natalie says:

ahh im so gutted its floral. i was hoping for more of a musk scent.

nmcnails.blogspot.co.uk

13. I’m not convinced as I have read many reviews which all claimed it did not smell of anything special, oh and is it just me or is the website really creepy ?! x
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

14. Emma Louise says:

So many people saying the same thing! I’m still dying to smell it though!

TwentyOne

15. When will it be released in the U.K?

Fashion,Love and Life

Love the packaging!!

thebeautymist.blogspot.com

17. Yvet says:

I’ve had the same, I was so excited to smell it (thinking that the scent would be very unique) and after I got a sample I was like, this smells a bit standard..

but after a while the scent changes! It’s a bit heavy for me though. It does stay on the skin for so long yhough! The day after I used my sample I could still smell it! x

18. Olivia Law says:

I was thinking of trying it, and am LOVING the price, but just splashed out on some Chanel Eau Fraiche… Will definitely try to bag a free sample!
    http://ohmyolivia.blogspot.co.uk/ xo

19. Ava Tallulah says:

The bottle is amazing- I would serious buy it just for the bottle hahaha.

Ava Tallulah

20. I walked past this in Boots and had a spray and really liked it and I am not a fan of celebrity scents.

21. Abby says:

The bottle is really beautiful! I’m sort of dissapointed too after reading this, I thought it would smell completly different and maybe a little weird ha. Ah well! xx

22. daniella-r says:

I’ve read the same thing on a few blogs now, and how disappointed they all seemed. The bottle does looks incredible, with the black liquid and lid. but I does sound mediocre as a perfume and the same as many others. What a shame
    Daniella x

23. smelt it for the first time today! i kinda liked it, but it’s definitely not something i’d wear everyday..love the bottle and though! xo