Maybelline 24hr Colour Stay Tattoo eyeshadows

Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo in’ On and On Bronze’ and ‘Tough as Taupe’

Whilst in America at Christmas I bought myself a Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo eyeshadow in ‘Tough as Taupe’. I’d seen these being spoken about on US blogs but the buzz hadn’t really hit here yet. I didn’t blog about it because it wasn’t out in the UK and I thought it would be a bit irrelevant. But the great news is these are now available in the UK, hooray!

So… let me introduce you to these wonderful cream eyeshadows. As I said, ‘Tough as Taupe’ was bought in America for $6.99 and ‘On and On Bronze’ was bought a few days ago for Β£4.99 in Superdrug. They’re doing a 3 for 2 offer at the moment but good luck finding 3, as usual with a highly anticipated launch, they have sold out in most stores.

‘Tough as Taupe’ is a matte grey/purple with cool undertones. I find this works really well as a base/primer when doing a smokey eye. It also looks really nice smudged underneath the lower lash line. It’s quite a thick and rigid consistency that’s easier to apply once it’s warmed up. ‘On and On Bronze’ is a gorgeous shimmery bronze that applies really thick and can be used on it’s own as an eyeshadow. This one is much softer and easier to blend.

So is this just another cream eyeshadow I hear you ask? NO! After swatching these on my arm for the photo above, I sat in my lounge scrubbing my arm with my other hand amazed at the staying power. They didn’t smudge one bit.. not even a tiny bit. I was especially impressed with the bronze as it looks almost wet but is so incredible dry. They set so well, better than anything else I’ve tried.

These come in loads of different colours, including some gorgeous brights. I highly recommend them!

Have you tried these yet? Will you be hunting them down?

1. those are the same two colors i have, the best ones in my opinion. Great post!

2. Dollyfaces says:

I’ve got one in eternal gold, its so pretty! x

3. Melissa says:

love this post! I want to get one now, especially the bronze eye shadow as it seems so golden and durable! bet it would really compliment your eyes πŸ˜€ xo

4. Charlie says:

cannot wait for these to hit the uk!

5. Nicole says:

I have ‘permanant taupe’ which I’m guessing is the uk equivalent of ‘tough as taupe’. Love it!

hearttodayhearttomorrow.blogspot.co.uk

6. Angelica says:

I had swatches these on my hands, but I just don’t really like the colours, they are too dark. x

7. Phoebe says:

These look really good! And a great price too! x

8. I’m always on the look out for great new shadows with staying power! I’ll look out for them… once they get restocked! πŸ™‚

Love, Vanilla

9. Hev says:

So intrigued by these, especially after seeing so many people rave about them! x

10. Alice says:

I’ve been desperate to try these since I saw them on American blogs! I can’t wait to get some πŸ™‚ I love the colours you chose xx

11. sezzey says:

I’m having alot of trouble putting on the taupe as its quite dry and hard to blend properly- how have you found it?

12. Lauren says:

Wow! Both of those colours are amazing! I especially love the darker of the two. I hope I’m able to find them πŸ™‚ Thank you for the review!

Lauren

13. India says:

Aha just done a post on axactly the same two! Looks like they’re the most popular πŸ™‚

indiacharlottemu.blogspot.com

India xx

14. Alex says:

I’m disappointed pomenagrate punk hasn’t been released in the uk tho… Taupe is my second favourite. πŸ™‚

15. Florence says:

i really want to try the bronzey shade, it’s so lovely :)x

16. es-jay says:

I’ve just picked these too colours up along with the gold shade and I’ll be posting about them very soon. Love the colours and hate the fact that they’re already sold out! my advice so far would be that if you see these lurking around then pick them up sharpish!

xoxox

http://www.es-jaymakeup.blogspot.com – for beauty reviews, hauls and health posts πŸ˜€

17. Amy says:

I’m still on the hunt for these divils- have yet to see them here in Ireland. The bronze looks stunning!

18. Jade. says:

So pleased that these are finally in the UK. I was wondering Lily, do you think we’ll get the full range over here sometime soon?

jade x

19. I live in Finland and these have not hit our stores yet but a friend in the states sent me Tough as Taupe and Pomegranate Punk πŸ™‚ I LOVE THEM!! I use Tough as Taupe almost every day cause its amazing as a base (just like you said) πŸ™‚ I love Pomegranate Punk very much too but Im just in this taupe period atm πŸ™‚

20. Kayley says:

I love the bronze shade! I’ve heard many things about these, but I’ve never thought about buying them. Now I think I will! Nice post.

21. Charlotte says:

I really want to get my hands on these but my local Boots and Superdrug have sold out and haven’t re-stocked! :/ X

22. Laura says:

Thanks for posting about these, Lily. I’m late on the bandwagon, but better late than never! philomanie.blogspot.com